Quality Homecare is Under Attack
Category: Nonprofits & Activism
Do you or somebody you know rely on home medical equipment to live a normal life?
We have an urgent message for you.
The elderly and disabled are about to fight an unfair battle that will deny their freedom to choose a local provider. Washington bureaucrats are issuing a limited number of government contracts for medical equipment to just a few companies throughout the U.S., based on the lowest bid.
What does that mean for people who rely on home medical equipment?
• The equipment they receive is cheap, because the providers can't afford better.
• Providers may not have specialized products to address their needs.
• Trying new technologies will be too expensive, because providers' margins have been slashed.
• Waiting lists will be long, as providers serve thousands more clients.
Most people can't afford to wait. If Angie's chair isn't fixed on a Friday, she spends the entire weekend in bed. If Larry's oxygen equipment malfunctions, he must check into the hospital until providers arrive.
Some politicians who know nothing about life with a disability think this is the place to save money, (pause) but they are wrong. Please act now to convince politicians that cutting services to the elderly and disabled is NOT a solution to their budget problems. Please
• Sign up to join our team for updates
• E-mail your congress person today